Tea Table

Tea Table
Rose Tea Pot Centerpiece

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Welcome to my blog!!!

Why the title Pink, Tea and Peonies?  They are some of my favorite things!  My favorite color is pink, although yellow is a close second.  I have an affinity for tea.  I love to taste different teas and my favorites are Earl Gray, produced by Stash Tea and Constant Comment by Bigelow Teas.  My favorite loose tea is Buccaneer Tea, with flavors of chocolate and coconut.  Lastly, I love peonies!  Alas, living in Florida I no longer am able to see them each spring as I had when living in Virginia.  Roses are tied with peonies as my favorite flowers.

I also love china, linens, and tea accessories.  There is nothing more relaxing than sitting down to a good cup of hot or iced tea.  It is even better when shared with a friend or while reading a magazine.  I am presently organizing our church's second annual Mother's Day Tea.  Stay tuned for ideas related to the Mother's Day Tea! 

I have 4 grandchildren.  The oldest is a boy, age 9.  His sister is almost 5.  My other daughter has daughters age 3 years and 3 weeks.  Of course any grandmother will understand what a joy they are! 

I live in Florida in a log home on 11 acres.  The drive from work to home is very peacful and just beautiful old Florida.  Live oaks drip spanish moss from their branches and palm trees sway in the breeze.  As I cross the prairie I see sand hill cranes, bald eagles, and occasionally alligators, wild horses, and buffalo.  The winter sunsets are so wonderful, with shades of pink, purple, oranges, and yellow. 

It's funny that I would name my blog Pink, Tea and Peonies, as Florida is too warm to grow peonies.  I also love roses, and have several bushes which bloom most of the year.  Camillias also grow in my garden and are blooming right now.  They look similar to roses but they have no odor.  Spring is coming quickly.  The rain this week has caused the weeds and grass to begin to turn a bright green!  Little wild flowers will soon be poking their heads up through the soil.  My husband still has onions in his winter garden to harvest, and he is planning his Spring/Summer garden right now.  He has been preparing the soil and will get things planted over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment